Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Heart and Pain of a Father

I got word recently that a parent was talking really negatively about my son to another parent, behind our backs when my son wasn't even around.  It hurt and it hurt a lot.  The truth of the matter is that these parents really have no idea of the years of abuse and neglect my son went through.  There is no telling this person how much my son has had to overcome.  Yes, I get more frustrated with my son more than anyone and people have no idea of the things he and I have to overcome.  I do not use his past as an excuse.  I constantly have to remind him, "You are not a victim, you are an over comer!" I would wish that the parent would have displayed a little more compassion, a little more understanding and a little less gossip.

What is worse: we in the Church, in the midst of our pain and frustration, tend to gossip and share.  I have been guilty of this.  We all have.  What breaks my heart though is that we tend to excuse it and we as Christians tend to be no different than non-Christians.

Then it made me realize the heart and pain of THE Father God.  We all stand guilty of sin and infractions.  There is no doubt we are sinful and broken - each and every one of us.  To make matters worse, we have an accuser, (this is what "Satan" means), an adversary, an enemy who seeks to tear us down in front of the Heavenly Hosts. We, like Satan, can easily become accusers. We are condemned for our sin and Satan knows it.  What he fails to see or acknowledge is that Christ has set us free from our sin, the consequences of our sin and, most importantly, the accusations of our sin.

God forgive us all.  God give us the heart of The Father.  God let us feel Your pain when we accuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment