Saturday, February 19, 2011

Struggles and impatience

So I obviously can't share too much because I want to honor Harley's privacy. In the midst of a busy ministry schedule and working on reading all the books and writing papers for Doctoral work, I found out that Harley went to a place where he did not quite have permission to do so. (Don't worry he wasn't in major trouble!) When I asked him why he went where he went he said, "I just wanted to think about you." Harley left school and went to where he and I spent time on our first pre-placement visit. Now, I don't know if he is just a incredible manipulator or not, but he sure does know how to pull at your heart strings! What I am discovering is that we are BOTH very impatient for Harley to be in his permanent "forever family" home!

I have to figure out how to change his name from Harley to Aaron Christian Griffith. This is the name he chose and it means "Mountain of Strength and Follower of Christ (or Little Christs)". I think he chose some great names.

So, since I am going to be his dad, it is at the point where I am going to check in with him every day via SKYPE - a great tool that closes the distance between folks! So, int the meantime, I am praying for patience and wisdom in the midst of a busy schedule.

Until "the artist formerly known as Harley" - Aaron Christian Griffith comes home, We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment